Youth Support Centre (YSC) is non-profit, non-governmental organisation established by youth workers, young people and professionals, involved in their local community life and life of their Universities, motivated to work with non-formal education in addressing the issues that concern our local community, Poland and Europe in general. YSC is a relatively new organisation, founded in 2015, it is composed of people who are active in the civil sector and youth work for many years. Our mission is to stimulate and sustain the personal, professional and social development of youth. We are dedicated to fostering young people’s active, civic and responsible participation to the educational, social, cultural and economic environment of the communities they live in by supporting, counselling, informing and organizing activities for them.
To achieve its mission, Youth Support Centre is organising activities that:
- promote the active participation of young people in their local and regional society;
- support the educational process of young people through formal and non-formal education methods;
- promote and foster social inclusion, integration of marginalized groups in society, especially young people with fewer opportunities and social cohesion;
- promote youth mobility; entrepreneurship, innovation and creativity
- support building and strengthening civil society, in particular participation in the public and social life of young people;
- strengthen dialogue between young people and decision-makers, supports structured dialogue;
- promote and disseminate Human Rights Education (in particular women’ rights, children and minorities’ rights);
- educate youth workers, youth leaders and volunteers;
- promote and deepen cooperation with countries that are members of the Council of Europe;
- support lifelong learning process and youth employment; – promote and inform about the opportunities and support programs of the European Union and other institutions.
The main goal of YSC on a local level is to involve as many as possible young people into the social life of their communities in order to encourage them in that way to take active participation in society as well as give an opportunity for young people to participate in Erasmus Plus projects for free and with our support. On international level we try to establish strong and reliable partnerships with organisations from all around Europe that can lead towards creation of network, which can be the incubator of fresh and innovative ideas, exchange of knowledge, skills, practice and experience as well as source of motivation for all members to support each other in challenges, improvement of our work, reaching our goals and being more creative in the future. In order to achieve our international goal, we are getting more and more active within Erasmus+ programme that provides us the opportunity to connect and work together with organisations that share our mission and values too.
In general, YSC is focused on topics related to:
- Democracy/Active citizenship
- Gender equality
- Human rights
- Inter-cultural dialogue
- Non-formal learning
- Youth policy
YSC has been working on local and regional level while on international level we have been involved as partner organisation and organizers such as the 5 implemented Mobilities of youth workers in Poland: Training Course “Youth Support Youth” on August 2016 in Stara Krasnica, (https://youthsupportyouth.wordpress.com/), Training Course “Youth Employability Stimulators of Tomorrow” on January 2017 in Szklarska Poręba
(https://youthemployability.wordpress.com/), “Youth Employability Leaders of Tomorrow”
(https://youthemployabilityleaders.wordpress.com/) on December 2018 in Wrocław, Training course “Youth Activators in Harmony” on April 2019 in Jagniątków and Seminar “Let’s Get Online” on September 2019 in Jagniatkow.